French Toast Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, corn syrup, vanilla and flavoring. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-3/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 204 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2017
These are so fun to make and eat. I have to give it 5 stars because they are my grandfather's favorite cookies of all time.One time I tried to bake them without using the whole wheat flour (I followed instructions to substitute it out for regular flour as I had no wheat flour at the time), and I recommend that you do not use a substitution - the whole wheat flour makes for a better texture (and taste, in my opinion).