French Toast Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, corn syrup, vanilla and flavoring. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-3/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 204 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 18, 2017
These are so fun to make and eat. I have to give it 5 stars because they are my grandfather's favorite cookies of all time.One time I tried to bake them without using the whole wheat flour (I followed instructions to substitute it out for regular flour as I had no wheat flour at the time), and I recommend that you do not use a substitution - the whole wheat flour makes for a better texture (and taste, in my opinion).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.