- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast, about 5 cups. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Reviews for French Dip Sandwiches
"easy and delicious! If you're home when it's cooking, you'll be salivating all day; smells so good!!!!!"
"This french dip recipe is a regular at my house, easy to put together and always savory and filling. I add a thin slice of cheddar to the sandwich before serving and will dip the cut side of the bread in the au jus on request. Sometimes I add beef broth or consomme and sometimes a can of french onion soup along with the water for extra flavor. Edit: tonite I'm adding all three & beef better than boullion. Whew! I found this recipe again, so glad I had rated it but forgot to add to my recipe box. Awesome, thanks again!"
"good an easy."
"First time trying this.The whole family loved it.Broth is salty but I did not have any reduced sodium soy sauce,so I used regular.Sanwiches are good even without the dipping broth. easy recipe.Put in crock pot and go about your day."