I found this recipe in one of our local publications. It's great for an easy winter meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Originally published as French Dip Sandwiches in Country February/March 1992, p51
Reviews for French Dip Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review