Sharon Hansen of Pontiac, Illinois, says, “I came up with this healthy and really tasty recipe because my husband loves pancakes.” They have a great texture and cinnamon taste. —Sharon Hansen, Pontiac, Illinois
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Originally published as Flaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p35
Reviews for Flaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review