Flaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Reviews for Flaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes(8)
Sort By :
YUM! Great texture and taste. I served them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh mixed berries on top
Surprisingly tasty spread with cream cheese and syrup. Double the recipe to feed more than 2 though.
These were sooo good, my 20 month old couldn't eat enough (literally I had to cut her off). I also ground up the flax seeds, used old fashioned oats, and I realized halfway into the recipe I was out of eggs and it turned out perfect and delicious.
This is one of the best pancake recipes I've make in a long time. Will make again and again. I put apple syrup and strawberries on top. Yum!!
These have a perfect flavor. I added some frozen blueberries once they were on the griddle and it was a perfect addition!!