- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"I made this for dinner for my mother and me. I ate it without the cheese or tortilla. It was delicious. I marinated the onions and peppers separately. I am not sure I needed to do that, but I like the added flavor. I also used coconut cream for sour cream."
"I didn't have lemon juice so I used cut up pineapple pieces and squeezed them in the bag, threw them out before cooking because I didn't want a too tropical flavor, but next time might just cook it that way. Didn't taste the pineapple at all. I used 4 small breasts. Was delicious and one of my best meals ever."
"I added 1.5 lbs top sirloin steak and doubled this recipe and it was amazing! The marinade is what makes this recipe so delicious, flavorful, and juicy! Such a great recipe."
"This recipe may have just changed my life. I'm going to make this time and time again. Something so easy to make should not taste this amazing. The chicken has so much flavor."
"Fabulous recipe! Wished I could give it 20 stars! Who needs packet fajita mix, if you can make this. This is a keeper in my recipe book.Julie, THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us all."