- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"I love fajitas and this recipe did not fail me. Delicious blend of spices! My husband prefers shrimp so for his I used the same seasonings and just added frozen shrimp instead of chicken. He said they were great!"
"Delish! The whole family raved, and the best part is it is such an easy meal to prepare. I had a cooled roasted chicken I needed to use, so I cut the breasts into thin slices. One family member cannot have seasoned salt so I used garlic salt instead and eliminated the garlic powder. I tossed the chicken with the marinade and let it sit for just a couple minutes while I sliced the peppers and onions. I saut?ed the peppers and onions in one pan and heated the chicken in another since some family members don't prefer the peppers. Such a winner meal!"
"We don't eat much mexican food, but I tried this recipe. It was quite good. I used olive oil instead of the oil listed and eliminated the cumin, chile powder and red pepper flakes. I would make this again. Thanks."
"My husband and I LOVE this recipe! Better than fajitas from a Mexican restaurant."
"Excellent recipe!! Made as is except for using a bag of frozen bell peppers and onions. Definite keeper!!"
"This was very delicious. I used organic chicken breast tenderloins."
"This is the absolute best fajita I ever ate!!! I like more veggies, so I'll add another pepper and some julienned onion the next time. However, it was totally wonderful just as written."
"Saving this one!!! Although I only used the marinade, this is a keeper. I had roasted a whole chicken to use during the week. I wanted to do some chicken tacos and wanted a superior flavoring for the meat. I found this and it was perfect for what I wanted.. I mixed it up and let my chicken rest in this marinade for a bit and tossed it into the skillet to heat it up. It came out soooo goooood. I will be keeping this for sure! Thank you for sharing!"