- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"I so agree with all the 5 star ratings for this recipe. It is truly wonderful. The chicken is perfectly seasoned. Do not hesitate to try this recipe. I will be making this one alot more often."
"Absolutely outstanding! These fajitas are better than the ones at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I made the following modifications: tripled the bell pepper/onion and added a coarsely-chopped tomato during the last few minutes of cooking the chicken. I also used heaping measuring spoons of all the spices. Served with sour cream and guacamole salad, there were no leftovers!"
"I made this last night and it was excellent! The hubby said it was better than any restaurant. I made it as written except used olive oil, lemon and lime juice, and no red pepper flakes (should've used them... needed a little kick). I charred up the peppers and onions in the broiler. Served with shredded mixed Mexican cheeses and sour cream. Delish!"
"I made this last night and will def make it again. I followed the recipe but added a little bit of cream cheese to the chicken once I put it back in the skillet and WOW! Definitely a winner recipe! Thanks for sharing! : )"
"I didn't use lemon or lime juice and side have seasoned salt. I used Adobo instead. Marinated my chicken tenderloins for about 2 hours in the fridge. Used 1 1/2 yellow & red peppers and 1 1/2 onions. Sauteed low and slow for about 45 min. Served with sour cream avocado, shredded cheese and refried beans. Delish! Super easy and a fast meal. A yummy recipe."