- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"Delicious and flavorful! I doubled the seasoning and used one whole each of red, yellow, and green bell pepper and one whole onion sliced (not too thin) just like they do at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I made Spanish rice to go with our meal. Definitely a keeper!"
"The whole family loved it"
"Quick and easy. I've made this recipe three times now. My family loves it. Definitely a recipe I will be using over and over."
"Excellent! Made homemade tortillas. Makes it even better."
"Made today but I didn't have the seasoned salt. Still came out amazing. Family loved it! It is definitely a keeper and a recipe worth repeating several times per year. I actually turned on the broiler at the end, made up the fajitas by placing two tortillas on a sheet of aluminum foil and preparing two large fajitas to go under the broiler, just until the cheese starts bubbling. They added salsa and sour cream and wrapped them up. Sauteing the vegetables in the remaining liquid left from cooking chicken is important. Cooked until they appear burnt in spots. Incredible!"
"This came out great but I reduced the c umin 1/4 teaspoon and the same with the chili powder and added a little extra garlic and added onion powder 1 teaspoon. Other than that, the longer it's marinated the better. I marinated it for 4 hours and used burrito tortillas. Also added rice. Really delicious, 4 people each had 2 with the fixings. Everyone was satisfied."
"This came out great but I cut down the cumin 1/4 teaspoon and the same with the chili powder and added a little extra garlic and added onion powder 1 teaspoon. Other than that, the longer it's marinated the better. I marinated it for 4 hours and used burrito tortillas. Also added rice. Really delicious, 4 people each had 2 with the fixings. Everyone was satisfied."
"Fantastically delisious!! So very flavorful without the crazy spice. Will be making many times over! Thank you."