Favorite Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Pumpkin Cake Roll
Sort By :
"My children declared this the best cake ever. Even my 12-mo-old devoured it. I substituted honey for the butter in the frosting and it gave a nice little hint of honey."
"This is excellent! I am a seasoned cook and baker. This is one of the best pumpkin rolls I have ever eaten. Easy to do, the egg whites do the trick!"
"This is the best pumpkin roll recipe I have used to date, my husband absolutely loves it! The cake is fluffy and creamy, and the cream cheese filling is not too sweet. I'm sticking with this recipe for sure, I don't like pumpkin flavored things but I really enjoyed this one!"
"first time I have made this ever. it is the best everyone loved it!!"
"I have made this recipe every year for christmas and thanksgiving for 7 years. My brother asks me every year to make sure i am making it. Great recipe and very moist."