Easy Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Marinated Flank Steak
Sort By :
"I used this on flanken ribs I marinated overnight. I grilled the ribs and the meat tasted delicious and moist, it really plumped up the ribs. My husband and I loved this, I will be making this often. Thank You!"
"At our 4th of July cookout, all my family exclaimed (spontaneously) on how good this meat tasted. I used London Broil at least 2" thick, and 8 minutes a side was enough over medium coals. Make sure you let the meat sit uncut 15-20 minutes after grilling, so the juices settle in. Mine was not at all tough, perhaps angeo59 got a tough cut to begin with. Maybe pounding it with a mallet to break up the meat fibers a little and then marinating it overnight, as I did, would make the difference. It's not really the marinade's fault if the meat is tough, and cooking it longer makes it drier and tougher, in my experience. At any rate, we all enjoyed it very much and this recipe is a keeper for me because of its taste and ease of preparation."
"Grilling this cut of meat for such a short time results in a tough chew for this cut of meat. The flavor was subpar as well."
"I've made this recipe years ago when it first came out. My family just loves it, it tastes great. You wouldn't think that a few ingredients could make the flank steak taste so delicious. I'm glad it's on the website because it would be difficult to look through 19 years of TOH magazines that I have! I'll be making this tonight!"