I copied this recipe from a friend's collection 15 years ago. Now whenever we make steak on the grill, this is the recipe we usually use. It's also a tempting dish to serve when entertaining. It's earned me my compliments. —Debbie Bonczek, Tariffville, Connecticut
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Freeze option: Freeze beef with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Marinated Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review