We call this recipe "Mock Lobster Casserole" because it turns haddock into something fancy. The canned soup lends a creamy touch, making the dinner seem indulgent even though it's actually quite light.—Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the soup, lemon juice and sherry or broth. Pour over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Haddock Bake in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Haddock Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review