Easy Haddock Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the soup, lemon juice and sherry or broth. Pour over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Haddock Bake
Sort By :
"Add some dried onion & garlic powder to the shrimp mix. Drain off the excess water, use Panko & mix in 1 tablespoon of cream at the end. yum."
"Easy, quick, and very delicious! I used panko for the bread crumbs."
"I have to search for the soup, but it is a soup I keep on hand now juat for this recipe."
"This is my Husband's and Son's favorite recipe. It is elegant enough to serve to ourspecial friends"
"This was an "ok" dish I used fish that was frozen so I thawed it and patted dry but still had lots of water in dish after baking, I spooned out as much of the water as i could. I would recommend fresh fish but the main reason I won't make it again is because my husband hated it & only two of my four children liked it."