Deep-Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, sugar, sesame seeds and salt. Combine the eggs, oil and sou sauce; gradually whisk into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in onions. Add chicken wings and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove wings and discard the batter. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings, 8-10 at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Deep-Fried Chicken Wings(6)
Sort By :
I'm Marinating Wright Know! It smells Totally Delicious!Thanks Awesome Recipe!
This is one of my favorite and one of the best chicken wing recipes I've ever tasted! Definitely a keeper!
I can see why this won a contest. It was very delicious! WOW! I left out the sesame seeds and onion. The breading was very light.
AWESOME!! First time making fried ckn wings at home & my family really likes this recipe. I left out the onions & sesame seeds though.
This is so far the best wings I've ever made!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >