- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, sugar, sesame seeds and salt. Combine the eggs, oil and sou sauce; gradually whisk into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in onions. Add chicken wings and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove wings and discard the batter. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings, 8-10 at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Deep-Fried Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"OMG! I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven! This was THE BEST fried wings I've ever tasted. I followed the recipe exactly as written. If you're looking for a KFC, grandma's fried chicken or a spicy type wing this is not the recipe for you. But if you want a juicy, tender and full of flavor wing this IS the recipe for you!!!!"
"IT'S A HIT! I had to join and give my review to this delicious recipe. Thank you for sharing it. My family and friends loved it. They ate it all! I made and cooked it just the way it is and it turned out great. I will be cooking it again."
"I'm Marinating Wright Know! It smells Totally Delicious!Thanks Awesome Recipe!"
"This is one of my favorite and one of the best chicken wing recipes I've ever tasted! Definitely a keeper!"
"I can see why this won a contest. It was very delicious! WOW! I left out the sesame seeds and onion. The breading was very light."