This excellent bran muffin recipe has been in Daria Burcar's family over 25 years. "They're incredibly moist and chock-full of healthy ingredients like raisins, dates and nuts," says the Rochester, Minnesota resident.
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup crushed Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir cereal and buttermilk mixtures into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the dates, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Date-Nut Bran Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p47
Reviews for Date-Nut Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review