Date-Nut Bran Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup crushed Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir cereal and buttermilk mixtures into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the dates, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Date-Nut Bran Muffins(3)
Sort By :
OMG! These muffins are incredible. Definitely Not your Grandparents Bran Muffin!
DELICIOUS! Have made twice now and both times with great success. Thanks for the recipe!
Would make these again and again. Very moist and they freeze very well. I made one dozen muffins and one 4x12 loaf with this recipe. I doubled the amount of dates instead of using raisins. Would be great for brunches or family gatherings.