- Two-layer cake of your choice (9 inches)
- Frosting of your choice (in a pale color)
- White and dark brown ready-to-use rolled fondant
- New paintbrush
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract or water
- White pearl dragees
- Fresh strawberries
- Place cake on a serving platter; spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake (save 2 teaspoons frosting for decorating cake).
- Roll out white fondant into a 16-in. circle; place over cake. Smooth top and sides of cake; trim excess. (Keep unused fondant wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.)
- Roll brown fondant into 16-in. x 4-in. rectangle; cut with a 3-in. x 2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Dip paintbrush in vanilla; lightly brush over a diamond. Secure diamond to side of cake. Repeat. Decorate with dragees, securing with reserved frosting. Top with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creative Cake
Sort By :
this looks yummy just how it looks
Is there a recipe for fondant close by? This cake takes a little work, but it is worth it as it is beautiful and delicious. Yes I would make it again.
why the hell r u callind taste of homes?SIMPLE??? dah no way is this simple
I made a strawberry cake and tinted some of the fondant pink. I used heart shaped cookie cutters and attached the pink fondant hearts to the cake as instructed. It was beautiful, tasty and a hit!!!