Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage(15)
Sort By :
I have 5 extremely picky kids and they all loved this. I have made it 4 times since I tried it the first time 2 months ago. A definite keeper!
Wow! Could not believe something so easy to make would be so delicious! Will definitely be making this again. Whole family, even the baby, liked it. :-D
This was a great and quick meal that I will make again. I substituted frozen kale, and used ground Italian sausage with great results.
I doubles the tomatoes and cheese, we like more sauce. Love this!!!!!!!
Think the cream cheese resulted in a sweet sauce that we didn't care for. Perhaps substituting heavy cream mixed with corn starch would result in a more pleasing to our palate outcome.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >