Creamy Swiss Steak Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size portions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in butter on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. Combine soup and water; pour over onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Swiss Steak(9)
Sort By :
This was a really a good dish. I made two additions I used cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic and used 1 and 1/4 cups of beef broth in place of the water. Will keep this on go to dinners.
I used cube steaks, and it was perfect! Tender, flavorful, and crazy-easy! My husband was sure he didn't like Swiss steak, but he told me this was really good. So a win, I think!
This just became my favorite Swiss Steak recipe. It was so tender and had a nice flavor. It was easy to prepare and it was ready when I got home from swimming.
Very good recipe! Turned out wonderfully, and there were no leftovers! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >