Creamy Swiss Steak Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size portions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in butter on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with onion. Combine soup and water; pour over onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Swiss Steak(7)
Sort By :
I used cube steaks, and it was perfect! Tender, flavorful, and crazy-easy! My husband was sure he didn't like Swiss steak, but he told me this was really good. So a win, I think!
This just became my favorite Swiss Steak recipe. It was so tender and had a nice flavor. It was easy to prepare and it was ready when I got home from swimming.
Very good recipe! Turned out wonderfully, and there were no leftovers! :)
This recipe had a good taste, but I found that the meat was a little dry. Next time I prepare it, I think I'll cut down on the cooking time.
This got thumbs up from my husband and sons. Extremely easy and convenient for the cook. Keep this recipe and ingredients on hand for those days when you would rather be reading a good book instead of cooking. However, I always use boneless chuck roasts instead of other beef cuts, as it's the only one sold in supermarkets these days that has enough marbling to be tender.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >