If you love scalloped potatoes, this downsized version with tender chunks of ham is just for you. The cozy, comforting entree comes courtesy of Wendy Rowley from Green River, Wyoming.
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, cheese, ham and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; whisk in flour and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham & Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham & Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review