- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended; add to beef. Stir in potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef & Potatoes
Sort By :
Pretty good and super quick and easy. I will probably add more veggies like corn or peas next time but definitely not bad for something to make in a pinch when you really don't feel like cooking.
Kids LOVED it!!
Good recipe...easy, quick and very tasty.
This dish was very good. My family gobbled it up and there were no leftovers. I didn't have any frozen potatoes, so I just used fresh ones.
This was pretty good but a bit heavy for summer. It reminded me of Hamburger Helper only with spuds. It was too salty and thick for me, so next time I will use more water. I think I'd also add more veggies like peas or whatever's in the freezer. Overall a good basic recipe that any cook can tweak to their taste.