You can serve this chunky chutney over cream cheese or Brie with crackers, or as a condiment with roast pork or poultry. Either way, its slightly tart flavor and deep red hue lend a festive flair to the table. —Karyn Gordon, Rockledge, Florida
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Add the apple, raisins and celery. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p45
Reviews for Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review