- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Assorted crackers
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, green chilies, onion, lime juice and spices. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Chili Cheese Spread
"The perfect blend of sweet and spicy and it looked beautiful on the serving platter. I made the topping the day before to give the flavors more time to blend. Delicious."
"I have made this several times, and it is a big hit. It is best to make the cranberry mixture ahead of time...more flavor. Wait until ready to serve, then spoon over an 8 ounce block of cream cheese, on a fancy plate. Very festive. I would not recommend blending the cream cheese in with the cranberry mixture...it would look disgusting."
"This sounds perfect for thanksgiving. If you keep the cream cheese and cranberry mixture separate as the recipe states does the cranberry mixture make the cream cheese runny? Any help is appreciated as I am making this Thursday."
"thanks to chocoloco I did beat softened cream cheese and then incorporate other ingredients.garnished with chopped roasted and salted pistachios. everyone at sunday football loved it."
"Have made this twice now since November and everyone loves it.First served this to my fellow teachers at a team planning and they all asked for the recipe.Second time, at my Christmas Day buffet where out of town family members, non-cranberry lovers, asked for the recipe.It's a keeper!"