Jalapeno-Pecan Cheese Spread
I like to shape this pepper jelly spread like a Christmas tree around the holidays, but this is a recipe I make year-round. —Charolette Westfall, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pecans and green onions until blended. On a serving plate, form mixture into desired shape. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- In a microwave, warm jelly until melted; spread over cheese spread. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 139 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Cheese Round in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Jun 4, 2016
Fixed this for daughter's graduation party and it was a big hit! I used my homemade hot pepper jelly and the jelly gives the spread a nice presentation and enhances flavor. Definitely will make again!