Pineapple Cheddar Spread
I came across this easy idea when looking for something new and unique to impress guests. The slightly sweet spread received rave reviews from friends. Try it with celery sticks or crackers the next time you need a fast appetizer. — Rebecca Pester Beale Air Force Base, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Celery sticks
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and soy sauce until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, pineapple, almonds, green pepper and onion. Serve with celery.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 150 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Almond Pineapple Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2005