Pimiento Cheddar Spread
I was a theater major in college, and our director's mother always made sure we were well fed. I was particularly fond of her pimiento cheese sandwiches and tried making a similar spread for crackers. It tastes just as good as I remember! —Katrina Jameson, Brandon, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, pimientos, mayonnaise and onion until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pimento Cheese Spread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016