Studded with cranberries and nuts, these moist golden loaves make wonderful breakfast treats and gifts for grateful friends. I experimented for years, and this recipe is near perfection! —Eva Rider, Montgomery, Alabama
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 2 whole crackers)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Banana Bread in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p35
Reviews for Cranberry Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review