THIS IS a wonderful dessert for fall, when both cranberries and apples are in season. The fruits are quite compatible in flavor and color, and they help make any table look festive and inviting. A dear friend from California shared this recipe with me years ago, and it's always been a big hit whenever I've served it. -Martha Sue Stroud, Clarksville, Texas
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine apples, cranberries, sugar and flour. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Crisp in Reminisce September/October 1995, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review