Cranberry Apple Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 4 medium unpeeled tart apples, thickly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15-17 minutes or until the apples are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2016
i really enjoyed this recipe. i felt that the combo of apples and cranberries was great. will make again
Dec 19, 2011
This recipe reminds me of the cranberry apple side in the frozen dinners of old. It's a nice holiday side for those who don't care for the traditional cranberry sauce/dish. I favorite we make frequently.
Nov 25, 2011
I used this recipe to replace traditional cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving meal. It was excellent! I substituted honey for the sugar to make for a healthier dish. The only apples I had on hand were Macoun. Since I used a sweeter apple, I would cut down on the honey as the apple juice made the dish extremely sweet already.