- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cowboy Bake Beans
Sort By :
I have been using this recipe for years! I have yet to meet anyone who does not like it! I really want to find a chili recipe that is similar to this!!! Anyone have one?????
Iv'e got a batch of Cowboy Bake Beans in the crockpot now.
I did change things around a little - I added stew beef instead of ground beef. I used 4 cans of the same variety of beans, instead of the recommended mix of 5.
In addition, I diced a fresh tomato into the mix and used less brown sugar, as the full amount would have been sweeter than I like.
everyone loved these, and they are so easy to make
I always make this in the crockpot. Often I carry it to church potluck suppers or family cookouts. It is always popular. I have shared this recipe with many friends. I use whatever types of beans I have on hand -- even frozen green beans and butterbeans. It is very forgiving of bean types. Instead of condensed tomato soup, I use tomato sauce. Great as a main dish served with brown rice.
This is a very tasty version of baked beans I would and do serve at all my BBQ's a very must try.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >