All our friends love this dish...it tastes so good with ground beef and a blend of different beans. Brown sugar and mustard are a nice accent to the tomato paste.—Linda Biggs, Canfield, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cowboy Bake Beans in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p196
Reviews for Cowboy Bake Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review