- 4 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a 4-1/2-qt. bean pot or two ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Country Baked Beans
"These baked beans received rave reviews at our family cookout today. They have a nice sweet, smoky flavor. I cut my bacon up into lardons and cooked them over high heat. I pour off all but a tablespoon or two of the bacon drippings and then sauted the onions in the same skillet before adding them to the bean mixture. Super easy! Thanks for sharing the great recipe."
"Very good, but a little too spicy for my family. Next time I'll use half the chili sauce. Very easy to make."
"I made these to go with my bbq pork roast. They were delicious!"
"This recipe is absolutely great!! To "fry" the bacon, I lined a cookie sheet with tin foil then layered parchment paper on top - added strips of bacon and baked at 400 degrees until done. Based on a previous review, used Busch's Homestyle Baked Beans and put all ingredients in a crockpot for almost 4 hours. Made them for a potluck and has already been requested for the next one! Someone asked for the recipe to make for a dinner at her home - and it was a hit there. I don't think I'll ever bake beans any other way!"
"Simple to assemble with a great tasting result. I just made 1/2 recipe and it was more than plenty for family of 4."