- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken A La King
"Great basic recipe. I added peas instead of green pepper, garlic, a splash of sherry and a dollop of sour cream."
"Great basic recipe. I used peas instead of green peppers. Also added garlic, a splash of sherry and a dollop of sour cream."
"Great recipe, clear and simple. The only thing I added was a touch of tarragon. The family raved, so I will make it again. I like simple recipes so I can add my personal touch once I am used to making it."
"Easy basic recipe but it a needed a bit more flavor and liquid. Added several chopped cloves of garlic, several tablespoons of cream sherry and about an1/8th cup more milk. delicious..."
"Serve this over your favorite cornbread recipe! It's a winner!"
"I love it. Great comfort food. I do add a bit more salt, but not much."
"bland but tastes good"
"This was pretty good! Will make it again."
"Super easy, and a great way to use up leftover roast chicken!"