- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken A La King
"Great recipe, clear and simple. The only thing I added was a touch of tarragon. The family raved, so I will make it again. I like simple recipes so I can add my personal touch once I am used to making it."
"Easy basic recipe but it a needed a bit more flavor and liquid. Added several chopped cloves of garlic, several tablespoons of cream sherry and about an1/8th cup more milk. delicious..."
"Serve this over your favorite cornbread recipe! It's a winner!"
"I love it. Great comfort food. I do add a bit more salt, but not much."
"bland but tastes good"
"This was pretty good! Will make it again."
"This was excellent! You could use this as a chicken pie filling. I served with wide noodles, it was so good. I'm thinking I might add some Parmesan cheese when I reheat it for a different taste. Great recipe and base recipe!!!!"
"Super easy, and a great way to use up leftover roast chicken!"
"Delicious! I left out the celery and added maybe 1 tsp of celery salt. I also used heavy cream instead of milk and the sauce was incredibly silky. It was really yummy!"
"I liked it, it was easy to prepare and tasted good. We had company and they really liked it as well. I used puffed pastry shells instead of biscuits. I like it better with the puffed pastry."