Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the eggs, milk, honey and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Pancakes(12)
Sort By :
I haven't made the original recipe, but I used all-purpose flour, used butter instead of the oil, and used light brown sugar instead of the honey. They were gooooood! :)
I made these and I have to say I didn't love them. I was looking for a savory and sweet apple cinnamon pancake.
These pancakes came together easily and yielded a consistently fluffy product, not mushy or wet or too clumpy. My issue is that they are rather tasteless! The author notes they are so sweet that you don't need syrup - I disagree! The pancakes are flavorless. I usually put butter, lemon juice and plenty of sugar in my regular pancakes. I was shocked to see no sugar listed on the ingredients, but assumed the honey in this recipe would more than make up for it. It does not! I couldn't even taste the honey, to be honest. And I used locally sourced, amazing honey!!!
I had to load my pancakes with syrup for them to be sweet enough for me to enjoy.
After all is said and done, I'm probably more likely to simply add chopped apples and cinnamon to my normal pancake recipe next time and see how it turns out.
Worth a shot though - maybe you will like your pancakes less sweet.
When I saw other reviews on this recipe I thought perhaps this may of been due to the fact some people do not use a lot of wheat flour. And I know tastes vary from person to person. So, I made this recipe anyways. My family and I was very disappointed in these. Normally when I make pancakes from scratch there is no leftovers. There was with these. I won't be making these again.
By far the blandest pancakes ever. No flavor.
We added butterscotch chips and all I can say is YUM!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >