Polish Apple Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes5 servings (16 pancakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar if desired and salt. In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle and spread to form a 5-in. circle. Turn when bubbles form. Cook the second side until golden brown and apples are tender. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 209 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 31, 2018
Tasty! Reminds me of a crepe.
Sep 26, 2016
Good recipe. Make sure the apples are evenly sliced and thin. I used about 4 cups.
Aug 13, 2014
I make ones similiar to these, just like mom had, usually without an egg. The other ingredients were eyeballed and mixed with a whisk to the right consistency... a little more flour if too thin, a little more milk (2%) if too thick. Also, we added some melted butter to the mix and sliced a peeled apple very, very thin. They turn out thin and crispy, nothing like the typical restaurant fluffy pancake but oh so good with syrup! Just saw a recipe online for Cider Syrup that I can't wait to try with the apple pancakes when the weather gets cool!
Feb 3, 2014
Delicious and moist. It's been added to our recipe book.