- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be sticky). Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Reviews forCindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Yum! Nice chewy crispy cookies."
"Will stick with my 'favorite' recipe of Choc. Chip Cookies. These were 'runny' (I chilled the dough overnight) and not nice looking. They tasted OK while warm.... I followed the recipe given to the nth degree as well!"
"I also added an extra cup of flour to a whole batch. Maybe even could have used more ?? Will see how they go over when eating. Good flavor overall. The first pan turned out like chocolate chip crispies....flat as a pancake and crisp rather than chewy (that was when I added the extra flour)."
"The batter tasted really good! But unfortunately the cookies did not bake well. The tops barely cooked and the bottoms burned up in 8 minutes. So be warned if you make Cindy's cookies don't cook for as long as it says!"
"Have been baking these since I was a wee lass. My family thinks they're lovely, as do I."
"Great all-round cookie; however, my husband is stuck on the chocolate chip cookie recipe you make with vanilla instant pudding (that is why it is a 4 out of 5). The cookie is soft and has a good overall texture. I did follow the directions exactly but did cut the recipe in half. The key to the soft cookie is refrigerating it for the hour. I recently made the "copy that" Mrs.Field's chocolate chip cooke and the refrigeration was the secret to her recipe as well."
"I didn't realize how much these actually made, luckily for me a few fire fighters were stealing them as they cooled down in the kitchen. They came out great and stayed moist, and were a big hit for the bake event I gave them too.They were perfect, and I plan to bake them again tonight!I also added walnuts"
"Perfect cookies! Crunchy outside and soft centers. I used all butter and followed the directions exactly (including chilling for 1 hour!). My only complaint...the 5 lbs I am pretty sure I just gained. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I add another cup of flour as these are quite thin with only 4 1/2 cups of flour. Great recipe except for that."