Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup
Sort By :
"Really good soup and easy to make if you are in a pinch!"
"This soup is very simple to make. It tasted great! The ingredients are easy to find at the store and readily available. It has a great contrast of colors and is very flavorful. I've made it multiple times, still great as leftovers, too."
"This is a great recipe. The first time I made it, I used chicken stock and a jar of homemade salsa instead of the diced tomatoes (I thought I was grabbing a jar of homecanned Rotel). As it turns out, this was a great addition, because it gave the soup some zip. The second time I made it, I used the Vegetable stock. While I didn't like it quite as much, my luncheon friends raved about it. Quick, healthy, delicious = 5 stars."
"This was great! I would definitely make this if we had friends over for dinner."