Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup(12)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. The first time I made it, I used chicken stock and a jar of homemade salsa instead of the diced tomatoes (I thought I was grabbing a jar of homecanned Rotel). As it turns out, this was a great addition, because it gave the soup some zip. The second time I made it, I used the Vegetable stock. While I didn't like it quite as much, my luncheon friends raved about it. Quick, healthy, delicious = 5 stars.
This was great! I would definitely make this if we had friends over for dinner.
5 Stars for this soup! Pros: FAST to make, affordable and accessible ingredients, healthful, vegetarian dinner, and very tasty with almost no tinkering to the recipe needed. Cons: didn't double the recipe, so now I have to make more!
Very fresh and delicious
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Soup >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >