- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup
"This was so easy to make! We had a healthy comforting meal on the table in no time! Thanks for sharing this."
"Such an easy, delicious recipe. We will absolutely make this again"
"This was so easy to make and it was so delicious! This will be one of my favorites to make again."
"I love how quick and easy it was."
"This was really good!"
"There is a very similar recipe using turkey italian sausage in addition to the ravioli, baby spinach and diced tomatoes which is also very good."
"Really good soup and easy to make if you are in a pinch!"
"This soup is very simple to make. It tasted great! The ingredients are easy to find at the store and readily available. It has a great contrast of colors and is very flavorful. I've made it multiple times, still great as leftovers, too."
"This is a great recipe. The first time I made it, I used chicken stock and a jar of homemade salsa instead of the diced tomatoes (I thought I was grabbing a jar of homecanned Rotel). As it turns out, this was a great addition, because it gave the soup some zip. The second time I made it, I used the Vegetable stock. While I didn't like it quite as much, my luncheon friends raved about it. Quick, healthy, delicious = 5 stars."
"This was great! I would definitely make this if we had friends over for dinner."