- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onion, celery and peppers in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a full boil. Remove from the heat. Quickly stir in rice, celery mixture, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and let stand for 6-7 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Rice
Sort By :
"I made this recipe using Minute rice and regular rice. Definitely better using real rice!"
"have you tried adding a slice or two of bacon cut into slivers and fried along with those veggies.. aroma delight...lol, Lori"
"I have been looking for a delicious rice recipe and this is the one I am going to keep for holiday dinners."
"My family of 11 loves this dish. It's not just for Christmas. We like to add shredded chicken to it, and make it a main dish."