- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the peppers in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the cilantro, onion, garlic and salt. Stir in the rice and paprika if desired. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
1/2 cup: 130 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.