Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Optional: Mint leaves and additional fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until cranberries are softened. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; process until smooth. If desired, strain through a fine-mesh strainer. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold. Freeze until solid.
- Just before serving, wrap bottom of mold in a hot damp dishcloth; invert onto a baking sheet and lift off mold. Place ice ring in punch bowl. Gently stir in ginger ale, cold water, pineapple juice and lemon juice. If desired, serve with mint leaves and additional cranberries.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.