Christmas Cranberry Punch
Every year, my grandma made her zingy punch for our Christmas Eve feast. —Helen Roland, Miami, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Mint leaves and additional fresh or frozen cranberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until cranberries are softened. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; process until smooth. If desired, strain through a fine-mesh strainer. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold. Freeze until solid.
- Just before serving, wrap bottom of mold in a hot damp dishcloth; invert onto a baking sheet and lift off mold. Place ice ring in punch bowl. Gently stir in ginger ale, cold water, pineapple juice and lemon juice. If desired, serve with mint leaves and additional cranberries.
Originally published as Grandma Marie’s Cranlicious Christmas Punch in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.