Christmas White Chili
Dreaming of a white Christmas? Try this chili decked with red and green veggies! —Catherine Nickelson, Scandia, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped roasted sweet red peppers, ripe avocado and green onions, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions in batches; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, broth, green chilies, red peppers, seasonings and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. If desired, serve with toppings.
Originally published as Christmas White Chili in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.