- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 muffins.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins
Sort By :
Very good! I made them for work on Mother's day...they were a big hit!
I have made a recipe about identical to this for many years. I add raisins to them. Wonderful breakfast or anytime snack.
These muffins are awesome! They are more like dessert than breakfast. I increased the size by making 12 instead of 15 and they are a real treat!
These muffins are quite nice. I did reduce the amount of mini-chocolate chips to 1/2 cup, and added 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
This recipe is awesome-my whole family loves them. I have made several similar versions, but this one is the best!