Egg-Free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Baking cocoa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the bananas, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. If desired, dust with baking cocoa. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 246 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 14, 2019
These are delicious! I made mini muffins and baked them for about 10 minutes. My little guy ate them up!
Mar 1, 2019
The combination of yogurt and bananas made these very moist and the bananas and chocolate were the perfect combination.
Feb 3, 2019
GREAT recipe for little hands to help with! It was also a huge hit with them and they requested them every morning with breakfast after we made them. I gave it 4 stars as I didn't think it was as amazing as my kids did, but I am not a huge chocolate fan like they are.