Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet and/or white chocolate, optional
- Melt butter in a microwave; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Dip or drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
Sort By :
Awesome cookies! Easy and fast. Mixed in my big mixer, I baked them for only 11 minutes, as 12 minutes made them to dark on the bottom. I will definitely make these again and again! Thanks for the great reciepe!
My apologies! I meant to say: JANIS Gruca!
I have used this recipe from time to time and I added vanilla extract: 1 tsp. OR substitute lemon or almond extract if you wish to have a MORE flavorful cookie! I used regular chocolate chips and I greased the baking sheets before placing dough on the baking sheets. Thank you for this recipe, Janice Gruca! DELowenstein
I have made these several times and they are yummy! Lots of flavor!
These are great cookies! I like to switch things up ar home and this cookie has a different taste than a normal chocolate chip cookie. It took me no time to whip up because I always have these ingredients at home. I did shorten the baking time a couple minutes though...Great with milk!!