- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet and/or white chocolate, optional
- Melt butter in a microwave; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Dip or drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
"What a nice addition to any cookie Tray. Chocolate Chip Short bread cookie is the perfect description. The taste is as delicate and the texture. I added some chopped pecans to mine and I also used regular sized Chocolate chips. Baked on parchment paper. Bake time is right on. I especially enjoyed the crispy edges. I made up just 1/2 of the recipe. Perfect for just the hubby and myself. These are just Plain Good ! They are slightly crumbly but are great to work with. Had no problem using my small cookie scoop.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"Agree with the other posters, this is very much a shortbread cookie. But it is delicious! And very easy to make!"
"I made these but changed the recipe from one cup of sugar to a cup and a half and instead of using vanilla extract I used maple and they are so delicious I love this recipe because it is so versatile... I drizzled white chocolate and dark chocolate on them and my family is now addicted! :)"
"Disappointed. Very dry. I agree with the other reviewers that they are more like a shortbread with chocolate chips. Not like a butter cookies at all. Won't make again."
"can these cookies be frozen? if so, for how long?"
"These cookies are delicious & easy to make. It is a shortbread cookie with a very buttery taste. I haves used toffee bits instead of chocolate chips so this recipe has some flexibility. I have been making these for years. Five stars!"
"Awesome cookies! Easy and fast. Mixed in my big mixer, I baked them for only 11 minutes, as 12 minutes made them to dark on the bottom. I will definitely make these again and again! Thanks for the great reciepe!"
"My apologies! I meant to say: JANIS Gruca!DELowenstein"
"I have used this recipe from time to time and I added vanilla extract: 1 tsp. OR substitute lemon or almond extract if you wish to have a MORE flavorful cookie! I used regular chocolate chips and I greased the baking sheets before placing dough on the baking sheets. Thank you for this recipe, Janice Gruca! DELowenstein"