- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Blondies
Sort By :
"Really good and easy. Used M&Ms instead of chocolate chips - recommend using the mini version."
"These turned out just okay. They were nothing great. They could have used more chocolate chips. They also do not make anywhere near 36 bars. The most I could get out of it was 16 bars and I think 12 would have been more reasonable. If you are gonna make something for someone don't be stingy, give them more than a little taste!"
"Pretty good chocolate chip cookie blondie. Got more than the 36 servings out of mine so I don't know how big people are cutting their pieces. I threw some chopped up dark chocolate into mine as well we as the chocolate chips and it was delicious."
"These came out well and they fit the bill for a late-night sugar craving: fast, easy, and sweet. I actually disagree with the reviewers who say 36 servings is ridiculous-- these are very sweet and rich, and I think smaller squares are perfectly reasonable for this recipe. That way, people can have what they like-- a taste of something very chocolatey and sweet (one small square), or...more...of something very chocolatey and sweet (fill 'er up). I give 5 stars because these came out how they were supposed to. They're blondies! Not the most interesting dessert, just an easy, chewy, sweet bar. Adding nuts (pecans, macadamia, walnuts) might introduce some interest and temper the sweetness."
"Delicious ,easy and great for snacks! Would be very easy to adjust to make various kinds. I think peanut butter chips or a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate chips would be wonderful!"