White Chip Cranberry Blondies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cranberries (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with chips, pecans and remaining cranberries; gently press toppings down.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 154 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2018
This was more cake like than I thought it would be. Flavor is good. I think I would cut back on the sugar next time.
Jan 6, 2014
Based on the other reviews I made these as muffins from the word go. I doubled the quantities and got rid of the white chocolate chips and cranberries that have been lurking in the cupboard since just before Christmas; there werent quite enough of either but it didnt seem to matter. No applesauce, but works if you add just enough applejuice to get the nice tangy taste but still have a thick mix. Knocked a hole in our egg glut too so one very usefull and tasty recipe. Husband has just taken a bag of the muffins to work as he has a long drive ahead......dont see them lasting the length of the drive.
Jul 31, 2012
I liked the flavour and how easy it is to make. I would probably try making it into mini-muffins next time. It doesn't have the texture I expected for blondies, but good for what it is. Thanks I'm adding it to my "keep list".
Jun 22, 2011
Made this today, and most of it was gone quickly when I took it into work. Quick to mix up, nice texture, and I didn't have any issues with the toppings. I did pat them in, as directed in the recipe, and that kept it all together. Nice flavor, moist and quick to mix up.
Dec 1, 2010
These tasted good, but were Very Cake-y; not how I like my bar cookies. The picture shows a flatter bar cookie, but mine were VERY puffy. Also, did not like the way the toppings did not stay on; think if I make something like this again, all of it will be mixed in. These were also hard to cut because of the cake-like texture. Guess I'll keep searching for a good blondie recipe.