- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, corn, green chilies, onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and oregano; heat through.
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the tortillas, beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Tortilla Bake
Sort By :
very tasty and will make again!
My hubby really liked this one. I liked that it was healthy. Beans, corn and green chiles make a good combination.
Absolutely delicious! Lot of flavor and definitely a keeper in my recipe box!!
I needed a quick ground beef recipe tonight that didn't include pasta and this fit wonderfully! I only had one can of tomato sauce, so I substituted one cup of spaghetti sauce and I added an extra cup of frozen sweet corn. I baked it in a 9x11 dish without problems. It will easily feed our family of four two meals this week.
This turns out amazing every time. It has a great kick without being too much! It's one of my go-to healthy week night recipes when I don't have tons of time to kill. Wouldn't change a thing about it! Serve with a mexi salad for some added greens.