Chili Nacho Supper Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 envelopes chili mix
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) corn chips
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes and chili mix; heat through. Add cheese and cream; cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over chips. Top with sour cream. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Nacho Supper(7)
Sort By :
This has become a favorite of ours.
easy to make, tasty. needs more heat, for my taste. makes a lot to feed a lot. very rich so it won't be made too often.
Essentially frito pie, this was yummy! My proportions were slightly off as I didn't want to make the entire amount but didn't bother to exactly cut everything in half -- used something like half the tomato sauce, the entire amount of beans, entire amount of R*tel, 3/4 the amount of chili mix, half the cheese ... also subbed milk for cream. Anyway, all that fudging and it was still great! We liked ours with onions on top. The chili itself was yummy before adding the cheese & milk, so I'd like to try it with some shredded cheese just sprinkled on top instead of mixing in the Velveeta.
Wonderful, easy to make!! Outstanding recipe!!
This is good with a little less Velveeta, about one to one-and-a-half pounds. To thicken it, add more meat and beans. Use hot chili mix and Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis for a spicy recipe. It's the best! Serve with guacamole as well! This is a favorite every time I make it! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Nacho Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >