Here's a sweet thick glaze that really dresses up plain chicken. We think it also tastes good over ham.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 1 70°, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Pineapple Sauce in Country April/May 1999, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review