- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 1 70°, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Pineapple Sauce(8)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe, quick and easy with ingredients that are already on hand most of the time. However, the nutritional information given is completely inaccurate!! I track points with weight watchers and used the information provided to calculate points and it calculated to 2 points. (boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz.) I entered the entire recipe and it came out to 8 points! Huge difference!! It's still a relatively healthy entree, just not as healthy as the numbers provided lead you to believe.
This was really quick, easy & good to make. Was almost like a sweet & sour chicken. Will definitely make again. It did take about 40 minutes for the chicken to bake though & not 25. Served it with broccoli & rice.
Whoever thought it only takes 25 minutes to cook 4 chicken breasts must have a super oven. Took my chicken over an hour! It was okay but definitely misleading on time. Not a quick after work dinner.
I ended up overcooking my chicken and it turned out a little dry, but with the mouth salivating sauce it was still delicious! I will definitely try this again!
I cook it just like edankers did, but next time I'd add a little extra cornstarch because the sauce didn't thicken up enough. My family loved it.