- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped ripe olives, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup cheese.
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into cups; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Cups
"I made these with shredded chicken and enchilada sauce vs taco seasoning. Same response, slightly different "zing" Everyone raves about these cups"
"Amazing recipe, they were gone in no time. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Nice recipe :)"
"I made these tonight & I made the mistake of using a tsp of taco seasoning. I did use leftover turkey & chopped it real fine. Going to make this again though with more taco seasoning."