- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped ripe olives, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup cheese.
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into cups; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Cups
"Amazing recipe, they were gone in no time. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Nice recipe :)"
"I made these tonight & I made the mistake of using a tsp of taco seasoning. I did use leftover turkey & chopped it real fine. Going to make this again though with more taco seasoning."
"These were so good! I need to get a food processor to make the prep a little easier. These didn't last long at all!!"