- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pouch (3.6 ounces) roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a small skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink; set aside and keep warm. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup Swiss cheese until melted. Add peas, corn and chicken. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Shepherd's Pie
"Whole family loved this meal!"
"This was really good. My husband said it was very tasty. Will definitely make it again."
"I even get requests for this from the kids."
"The gravy of this recipe is absolutely scrumptious! So easy, but of all the gravies, easy or complicated, this is one of the best I've ever tasted - I found myself scooping up the remnants in the bowl with my finger like it was brownie mix! My husband agreed. I plan to use this gravy in chicken pot pie, too. Definitely put this recipe on your rotation!"
"I love this recipe and have made it several times. I do add 1/2 cup diced red peppers the chicken mixture for added color and flavor. I also think it needs more salt then this recipe calls for."