Chicken Marinara Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, garlic, basil and Italian seasoning until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and wine. Add chicken; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Marinara(2)
Sort By :
I fixed this for dinner last night but I did make a couple of changes. I used olive oil instead of nonstick spray. After I sauteed the mushrooms, I braised the chicken in the olive oil. Then I removed the chicken and set it aside.. I used a can of diced Italian stewed tomatoes and a packet of spaghetti sauce mix in place of the can of spaghetti sauce. I cooked my sauce for about 20 minutes and then returned the chicken to finish cooking in the sauce and let it cook until the sauce was of desired consistency and chicken was cooked through but not overcooked. I served it over a bed of angel hair spaghetti with salad and garlic bread and a bottle of Chianti. My family loved it and I will make this recipe again.
Yum...I left out the mushrooms-family dislikes them. Used burgundy and a bit of chicken broth; I suggest putting this on low simmer as the chicken came out a bit tough. Served with salad and it's one recipe I will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >