Garlic and basil flavor the tomato sauce that coats this tender Chicken Marinara. A friend gave me this skillet recipe several years ago. It's easy to make using pre-sliced mushrooms, commercial pasta sauce and quick-cooking pasta. —Kathleen Williams, St Albans, West Virginia
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, garlic, basil and Italian seasoning until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and wine. Add chicken; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marinara in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Marinara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review