Jalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken
The marinade adds a zesty taste and makes the chicken very tender. I think this is the perfect recipe for a summer picnic. —Coleen Martin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large bowl; add chicken. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with the reserved marinade.
Test Kitchen Tip Cut chicken breast halves in half again if serving a buffet with more than one entree choice. Guests are more likely to try different items.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Jalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.