Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
Sort By :
"We loved this! I'm wondering, the reviewers who say this is bland......do you season your chicken and pasta? I mean, I do follow recipes pretty much exact, but I always season my meat and other ingredients, such as pasta or vegetables, with kosher salt and pepper. We seasoned up our chicken while it was cooking, along with the fettuccine, and this was absolutely heavenly! Had to leave the shrooms out for my husband's preference, but I'll make this again when he's working out of town! Love it!"
"I felt this was rather bland too. I added three garlic cloves, but omitted the paprika. Instead, I added a bit of nutmeg, which is normally used in Alfredo sauce. The sauce didn't thicken up and was very runny. I used one cup of milk and one half cup of fat free 1/2 n 1/2. The second night, I made a regular Alfredo sauce and added it. It was very good and I added a bit of flour to the sauce to thicken it."
"My whole family loves it, even my two picky kids."
"I added chopped brocoli to mines with a bit of italian seasoning."
"My family loves this recipe! I would much rather make this then eat it at a restaurant."