“This is a family-favorite recipe, and one of the best things about it is that you only need two pans. My son does the dishes, so the less for him to clean, the happier he is!” Sandy Schmitzer — Swartz Creek, MI
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review