Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
Sort By :
I felt this was rather bland too. I added three garlic cloves, but omitted the paprika. Instead, I added a bit of nutmeg, which is normally used in Alfredo sauce. The sauce didn't thicken up and was very runny. I used one cup of milk and one half cup of fat free 1/2 n 1/2. The second night, I made a regular Alfredo sauce and added it. It was very good and I added a bit of flour to the sauce to thicken it.
My whole family loves it, even my two picky kids.
I added chopped brocoli to mines with a bit of italian seasoning.
My family loves this recipe! I would much rather make this then eat it at a restaurant.
I have made this dish a couple of times and my family loves it. Even my picky eater asked me to make it again.