- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place chicken in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour wine over chicken; sprinkle with tarragon and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm, reserving the pan juices.
- For couscous, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the couscous, butter, bouillon granules and tarragon. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually add milk and pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and mustard. Serve with chicken and couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Dijon & Couscous
Sort By :
Very good recipe. Pretty easy to make.
I gave this recipe 3/5, but I will make it again using broth instead of wine - I think that will fix it 100%. The chicken came out moist and delicious, the couscous is fluffy and tasty, but the sauce is what killed me. I love using pan drippings for sauces, but I think the wine gave it an odd taste as a gravy - broth would be much better. The tarragon was a great touch! My 4 yr old daughter ate everything on her plate.
I am in love with this sauce.
It was pretty easy to make on a weeknight though the sauce was a little too thick for my taste. great flavoring
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >