Israeli Couscous & Chicken Sausage Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked spinach and feta chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth, water and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 343 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 21, 2017
My husband could not stop complimenting this dish. I used chicken sausage with red and green peppers and added fresh spinach after the couscous. Great one pan dinner, highly recommend.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.